Hi All,

I am back from the TJ9PF DXpedition where I brouhgt my new K3 to use for the
6th
station.  We activated 6 stations for 10 days resulting in over 68,000 QSO's

When working in some countries it is very common to have commercial AC power
cuts randomly.  This was a daily occurring feature of TJ.  The hotel that we
stayed in had a generator, but we were off for several minutes at a time
without
AC mains.  So this leads me to some questions relative to my K3 and it's short
term memory.

We worked slit always and when the AC failed the radio would go dark.  When
power returned and the radio restarted it would come back on the same band but
never the same frequency for VFO A or B.  The Split would also be set back to
simplex.  As you might imagine the guy your working now is left hanging
and usually looses his QSO.

Why can not the K3 remember where it is and if it was in split or not?  This is
a rudimentary feature even the lowest cost import radios offer but it seems the
K3 is incapable of retaining where it was.

WHY?

 A more important question, WHEN can this defect be fixed?

Dave Anderson, K4SV
Tryon, NC
 828 777-5088

www.K4SV.com