On 27 Feb 2011 at 22:59, Edward R. Cole wrote:

> Glad you survived with less damage and mostly inconvenience.  Usually
> one has to gather real-life experience to know what to have and do "next
> time".  I lived in earthquake country for 40+ years (10 in CA, and 31 in
> AK).  We also have volcanoes and tsunami to deal with, but no
> hurricanes/tornados (but have high winds to 65+ mph).

There are some pretty graphic descriptions from those right at the
heart of this on the Firetrust forum -
http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9597
Read the later pages of this thread, where members of the staff relate
their stories, makes you think.

Firetrust are the company who produce the Mailwasher spam filtering
software. There offices were just round the corner from the TV building
that collapsed, and their offices were between two other office blocks
which collapsed. Too close for comfort!

Fortunately the UK is not in an earthquake zone. We were concerned for
a couple from our church who are on a world tour at the moment,
fortunately they were on North Island at the time so away from it.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com