If you want a desks mic, I would recomend the Heil Gold Line GM-5. Or
the HM-10 Dual (has HC-4 and HC-5 elements). Both are reasonably
priced and have good sound. Get the Heil Desk stand with the PTT
switch and you're set.

Also, a lot of mic out there like even some from Radio Shack offer
good sound quality at even better prices, but you may still need the
Heil stand to get PTT on the base.

If you want to use a headset, check the archives for the Yamaha CM500.
It is good, and inexpensive, but it is a headphone with boom mike.

If you want to tinker, you can get electret elements from many sources
(even Radio Shack) and make a mic yourself. And it won't suffer in
sound quality. With the TX-EQ capabilities of the K3, you can make it
sound really good.  All you need it the element, some cable and
something to house the thing in.  I used a length of 1 inch copper
tube and made a screen out of brass screen.  Find a foam wind screen
and a wooden plug in the other end with a hole for the cable to exit
and a plug on the end.

I'm not aware of anyone making a desk mic stand with PTT other than Heil.

This should get you started.

...bill nr4c