Tommy Alderman wrote:

>  There is also a problem if you use any type of PC
> control for your radio. RS-232 is designed to operate ONE device at a
> time.
>
> 73,
> Tom - W4BQF

There's another way to get around this problem.  I use DXLab for logging and
its Commander application (the app that communicates with your rig(s) )
offers the ability to define a secondary CAT device on a serial port.  Your
primary CAT port might have your K3 attached and the secondary might have a
Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, etc. (anything that uses one of the supported
interfaces in Commander).  You can specify that frequency changes in either
(or both) devices will cause the other to track the changes.  With things
set up that way, I can tune my K3 and have my Icom Pro III track the
changes, or vice versa.  The delay in responding to frequency changes is
extremely small on my system.   Your PalStar could be the secondary CAT
device and thus track the K3 just fine.

73, Floyd - K8AC