Hi.

I noticed last night that if I am listening to 30m and
I place my hand on the case of the KX1 (anywhere on
the
case but especially over the 30m module), that the
signals get a bit quieter.

I'm wondering if it's a capacitive effect since the
30m module components are separated from the case
by only a thin rubber foot...

I have 26ft wire connected as an antenna and about
15ft
as a counterpoise.

I wondered if the 30m module wasn't grounded properly
but I don't suppose it would work at all if the ground
wire was broken (mind you if I remember correctly
there
are two ground hookups - maybe one has given out).

Can someone else with a KX1 confirm this behaviour?

It doesn't happen on 20m/40m.

Thanks,
Martin.
VA3SIE.