The amount of power required is a function of propagation and intended
recipient.  I can't say in advance of an *event*, how much power will be
required.  If 100 watts isn't cutting it on the first delivery attempt (it
usually does), I'm not fooling around with 250 watts...I'm going straight to
500 if that's how much power I have available.  There is no "use the minimum
amount of power requred..." rules here.  Rather, we use the tools we have
available and methods within our SOP to get the message handled efficiently
and accurately.  MARS isn't a trial and error service.

The real question is whether or not the 10 minute duty cycle is a function
of heat or is it a timer / firmware controlled function?  The first
circumstance can be managed, however if duty cycle is controlled by the
latter then it doesn't seem viable to the MARS service to me.  Any insight
into this question?

Tim