Not to beat the subject to death, but the K1 uses flush screws and there are
absolutely no alignment problems or sharp edges. The workmanship on the K1
case is top quality. I can't imagine Elecraft accepting anything less. The
K1 case goes together exactly the same way as the K2. Identical hardware.
The panels are just smaller and the holes are properly countersunk. The
reason the K2 has humongous, bulbous screw heads sticking out everywhere and
the K1 doesn't has nothing to do with quality or design concerns. I believe
Eric or Wayne said on here a few months ago that it is that way because they
like it that way. Can't argue with that! I have both, a K1 and a K2. I've
learned to accept things as they are. None of us are perfect.

BTW, a few K2 owners who appreciate the MOMA-quality aesthetics of the K1
have countersunk the holes in their K2 panels and installed K1 screws.
Elecraft has them packaged, P/N FLTSCRKT. The description SAYS they are for
the K1, but everyone knows they are packaged for K2 owners who quietly want
to emulate the classic beauty of the K1.

Eric
KE6US

K1 1976
K2 567