John,

It is possible to get rid of the K2's birdies, but unfortunately in most
cases it requires some "delicate" surgery to get rid of each birdie *after*
one has determined why it exists.

I do not have here in Scotland the notes that I made when getting rid of my
K2/100's birdies, so I am not certain whether or not I found birdies around
14.168 MHz and 14.222 MHz. Not all K2s are equal when it comes to birdies.

If you have not solved your birdie problem in the meantime, I will be
leaving Scotland to return to Luxembourg in late July 2011 at which time I
will have my "birdie notes" again, and I might be able to help you then.

If this is of any interest to you, could you please let me know.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD