Graham,

As a temporary measure and if there is room, a "Thermal Jacket" for the
crystal made from a piece of foam packing material might help to reduce
drift.

If the pcb is being heated during transmit, then some other components
(including the pcb itself) in the transverter along with the crystal could
together be responsible for the drift in frequency. I do not know how
difficult it would be to keep the transverter cool, because I do not own
one.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD