Hi Al and others,

I've bought KX1 #1166 from the European Elecraft distributor qrpproject.de, roughly around the same time. Mine came alive yesterday evening. It's a very nice rig indeed! Because of the mediocre conditions, I have only worked some contacts in the Field Day contest, up to 2000 kilometers, but it looks like everything is working quite nicely. I must still add the 30 mtrs board and the ATU, and I await the paddle option from qrpproject.de that was out of stock.

I'm really trying to get those finished before I start my summer vacation in 3 weeks time. It must be fabulous to lie in my tent in the dark, in some lonely place in the Alps, enjoying CW contacts on my KX1. This is going to be great!

BTW, I wonder how many more KX1s live in Europe. I think there are some in Germany and Austria, but not many more and none in the Netherlands, as far as I can see. We might try a sked while you're in Spain, Al...

Cheers,

Frank
PA4N (ex-PA3FLV)