One minor point. If your feed point impeadance is really 300 ohms (folded
dipole) then you should be using a 6:1 balun.

73, Fred, AE6QL

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ray Spreadbury
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:26 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] FW: K2 Frequency Shift On 80 Metres

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Spreadbury [mailto:ray...@btinternet.com]
Sent: 03 May 2011 10:25
To: 'd...@w3fpr.com'
Cc: 'ho13d...@gmail.com'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K2 Frequency Shift On 80 Metres

Hi Don & Dave

Thanks for the advice re RF in the shack.
I tried it with a dummy load on 80 metres & the problem disappeared (!!!!),
so good call both of you -I wasn't looking forward to trying to find a
problem in the rig & ordering replacement parts from Elecraft in USA!

The antenna is currently fed with RG213 cable and there is a 4:1 balun at
the feed point so as the impedance at the dipole is supposed to be about 300
ohms I thought it would be a reasonable match for the 50ohms cable?

Anyway the antenna was OK until yesterday, when I raised it a bit, but
obviously changed something to now cause the rf in the shack.

I might put up a balanced feeder to the OCFD or have a dedicated 80 metre
dipole instead, what do you think or do you have other suggestions ?

73 & many thanks
Ray, G3XLG