Alan Bloom wrote:

>The paint must also be removed from the sheet metal around each of the
>points where it attaches to the 2D fasteners.

My recent P3 metalwork had much more paint underneath the spray masking
tape than the 3-y-o K3 had. It needed a vicious stainless steel scratch
pen to clean the P3 panels down to bare bright metal around the fixing
points.

>Also make sure all the chassis screws are tight.

This is very important in Elecraft's 'flat pack' style of construction.
With no internal chassis and no continuous edge-to-edge bonding between
panels, RF shielding and grounding is *critically* dependent on that
relatively small number of panel-to-panel fixings.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek