An external relay (or FET) switch box controlled by the K3 is certainly the
way to go, and is the simplest project imaginable.  The builder can
configure it for their choice of DC connectors.  I built one here several
months ago when I first got my P3.  In addition to providing as much current
for accessories as you desire, a single switch on the box also allows for
manual ON or OFF of the accessories in addition to automatic control via the
K3.  In my case, the switched DC power goes to a strip of PowerPole outlets.

73   Craig  AC0DS