Tom,

John's comments are right on for the entire process of building,
installing and doing the alignment.
The building is not a problem, it just depends on your construction
methods - if you are a "insert one component and then solder it" type of
builder, it will take you longer than those who "stuff a group of
components and then solder".

As for John's statements about the use of Spectrogram to align the OP1
filter, yes, I highly recommend that method.  Put a Spectrogram marker
at 300 Hz and adjust the BFO so the approximate -3dB point on the low
frequency passband skirt is positioned at 300 Hz, and you will have
quite a reasonable filter for both transmit and receive - no need to set
up FL2 using OP1 for a separate receive filter as is sometimes suggested
- that is only necessary for those having a highly unusual vocal
frequency span.  I set all K2s that I repair in that manner, and have
never received any complaints, but have often received compliments
because the on-air audio reports of my customers have been quite positive.

73,
Don W3FPR