Hello Stu2,

Some time ago, I had problems with an oscillating (or at the tip of
starting self-oscillation) XV432. It manifested in such a way, the XV432
being very sensitive to input power levels and "jumpy" output power when
adjusting the power level. Together with a Mirage D1010 (100W 70cm PA)
sometimes oscillation at full power has been observed.

In my case I could track it down to 70cm HF being coupled back into the
IF (TX IF towards the XV432) causing a feedback. I could eliminate the
oscillation by 2 modifications:

1) Added both the Elecraft Erratas to eliminate oscillation on the PA
   hybrid module (one is about installing a coil and a second one about
   installing a series resistor). Note that the errata to install the
   series resistor seems to superseede the coil, in my case installing
   both of the modifications did improve stability.

2) Install a small low-pass filter in the TX IF input in the XV432,
   as described here: www.dl7maj.de/XV432-Mod.pdf
   I installed the filter on board of the XV432, as shown in the
   PDF above. Note that I drive my XV432 from a K3 with 0dBm power.

With the above modifications no oscillation or instability in output
power has been seen anymore.

I hope this may help.

Best 73 de Thomas, HB9XAR