Stu - Three more suggestions:
- remove the paint along the inside edges of the box where the lids
meet the box sides and the C shaped front/back panels, and remove the
paint under the screw heads (I used a dremel bit to grind a nice
circle under the head).
  - try increasing the PA Bias a bit, so that you are reading 30-40mV
instead of 20mV at the test points TP3/4. Gary S suggested this.
- replace the grey heatsink thermal pads with Thermalcote conductive
heatsink grease.  In my case, this stabilized the power output over
time, as well as improved the output instability.

I also had done the PCBoard mod to ground top/bottom sides near the
relay down in front, suggested by someone else.

I was able to work a handful for the spring sprint - including Steve
VE3SMA - as a result of these changes.

Good luck
Colin Haig VE3MSC