Jameco carries a variety of linear, regulated supplies in different amperages and voltages. They look like "wall warts" but they are not, provided you make sure you are ordering a linear regulated supply, and not an unregulated swticher.

Here is the relevant catalog page off their website:
http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/catalogs/c252/P174.pdf

I bought a 12V 1A job for my KX1 for >$20 including shipping, and it works like a champ--no noise at all.
Usual disclaimer about no commercial interest in Jameco.

73 Eric N0HHS KX1 #670