I love the K3, it has so many outstanding features and flexibility, nothing
compares and I can't imagine owning a better rig, HOWEVER, and this is a big
however, the NR in my opinion sucks! I have had correspondence with the
helpful people at Elecraft, but I still find myself looking at external
third party NR units such as those offered by bhi. Then I stop myself and
say "wait, this is an Elecraft K3?", I should not have to want for an
external NR system, the K3 should be able to do what I need. However, I have
tried and and tried and no matter what the situation, invariably I am better
off (to my ears) trying to copy a signal with the NR in the off position. I
am hopeful that one of the upcoming firmware releases will solve this issue
for me. None the less, I still think the at the K3 is second to none! Just
my two cents.