> *Another suggestion is to have the main tuning knob change the left number
> and
> the VFO B knob change
> the right number.  This way you can increment or decrement either.
> *

That would work too.

*frankly I don't think it is a good idea to make a change like you suggest,
when the current system works fine.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.*

I understand that not everyone would like this.  That isn't the point.
Clearly there are enough people that have some issue with the way the NR/NB
is implemented that some discussion on other points of view can't hurt.  If
you could change the way it works to either method, it would satisfy either
use case scenario.  And BTW, I'm also an extremely experienced software
developer, so I understand the implications of what I'm asking.  Elecraft
knows the code base; we don't, so I'll defer to their judgment on how
difficult it is to implement.

Tim