Ed,

Thanks for the response.  Let me clarify my question.  I'm wondering if the
KTCXO3 0.5 ppm oscillator can be omitted and still get great results with
the K3EXREF and the standard 5 ppm oscillator.  This is of interest because
I intend to acquire the K3EXREF but do not have the KTCXO3 and would prefer
not to buy it if it doesn't add any benefit.

My logic: If the K3EXREF adjusts the TCXO (via REF CAL) every 4 seconds,
then why not let it adjust the standard K3 TCXO instead of having it adjust
the optional KTCXO3 oscillator?

Even though the two oscillators differ by an order of magnitude in their
error, does that error make a difference when the K3EXREF adjustments are
every four seconds?

ps - During your beta testing were you using the standard K3 5 ppm
oscillator or the KTCXO3 0.5 ppm oscillator?  I didn't find mention of that
on your web site.

Dan
AE9K