Slight correciton.  The ATU will remember ATU settings by ANT, band,
and band segment.  This allows you to get a very close tune up through
the entire band (available on all bands except 2m - K144XV), at least
for segments you've run ATU TUNE within.

Segment size in the lower bands is smaller in KHz than in the upper
bands.  Rev D9 of the owner's manual doesn't really document this
feature.  Maybe it should...

This is an excerpt from MCU 3.03 release notes, re the band segments
for the ATU:

MULTIPLE KAT3 ATU DATA SEGMENTS PER BAND/PER-ANT.: 10 kHz
per segment on 160 m; 20 kHz on 80-12 m; 50 kHz on 10 m; 200 kHz
on 6 m. This keeps narrowband antennas in tune across the full ham
band. Note 1: You do not have to go through each band and do ATU TUNE
on every segment. The K3 will use the saved LC data segment closest
to your present VFO location. Note 2: You can erase all of the stored
LC data for a given band by tapping CLR in the CONFIG:KAT3 menu entry.

73,
matt W6NIA