From: Bill Tippett <btipp...@alum.mit.edu>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Thu, May 26, 2011 6:04:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] This really bugs me

W3FPR wrote:

> There are other considerations to choosing either 1st class mail or
Priority Mail.  One of which is the thickness of the package.  I am
certain the AF1 will not qualify for the 1/4 inch thickness limit.  That
is a post office limit, and has nothing to do with Elecraft.  If the
extra cost of a thick package sent first class exceeds the priority mail
rate, then nothing is to be gained by shipping 1st class.

        There is NOT a 1/4" thickness limit on all First Class Mail.
That applies only to a **letter**.  You can send **packages** via
First Class as long as the weight is 13 ounces or less and the combined
length and girth is <108 inches.

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-prices.htm  (see packages)

        In my experience Elecraft generally has the lowest shipping
costs of almost anyone and I'm often shocked how fast USPS First Class
packages make the trip from California.

73,  Bill  W4ZV