As noted by several others the pacemaker industry has indeed recognized the
issues surrounding potential interference problems.  Most probably remember
the issues with microwave ovens - a problem solved over 30 years ago- but
you still see the warning signs.

In general, the typical ham does not need to worry about their station
causing interference with the pacemaker or implantable defibrillator.  They
are generally "hardened" to most forms of RF.

When I was on the faculty at the University of Oklahoma we established a
wireless (cell phones) EMC center and studied the impact on pacemakers:
http://www.ou.edu/engineering/emc/Side/Achievments/Research%20Projects/Pacemaker%20Research/Pacemaker%20ResearchHome.dwt

A general result was that analog modulation techniques (FM) did not impact
the pacemakers.  It was the digital modulation modes that caused some
problems; all of which have been fixed for many years now.  These studies
were funded by both the pacemaker companies and the cell phone companies
(manufacturers and service providers).

Ed, W9EJB