At 09:00 AM 5/27/2011 -0700, you wrote:

>What does this mean and how does this work?  See the following quote....
>
>"Accessory/RS232 port for           computer control using supplied cable"
>
>Is there a port on the rear for a serial connection....or what?  I did not
>look
>at that when I saw it at Dayton.  Can this be clarified?
>
>Lee - K0WA

Hi Lee

There are 3 connectors (1/8 stereo ?) in a row on the left side marked ACC,
KEY, PHONES.  The first connector marked ACC gives RS232 access.  Since it
is not the traditional 9 pin RS232 connector (which would be rather large
for such a small radio) a special RS232 cable is required to interface with
an external computer.  A stereo plug could carry data in/out quite
easily.  It also mentions that the KX3 uses the same commands as the K3.  I
assume that digital/control software like MixW would be able to work with
the KX3 in much the same way as the K3.  In addition to these 3 connectors
there are 2 more (1/8" stereo ?) connectors ... one for the Mic/PTT and RX
I/Q which could be used for other interesting functions ... like a
pan-adapter ?

Jim - VE3CI