The surplus Motorola speaker are truly excellent speakers for radio use,
both mobile and in the shack.
They have high efficiency and a frequency response that is ideal for
Radio use.

I don't know what type of AF amp the KX3 will use but there are now some
really superb class 'D' switching audio amp chips available that can
generate lots of clean audio with very high power efficiency
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_D_Amplifier
and
http://www.analog.com/en/audiovideo-products/audio-signal-processors/ad1990/products/product.html

Also Motorola made some amplified speakers these are very good for noisy
vehicles too

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ