From: Phillip Shepard
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 8:30 PM
To: John Cooper ; elecraft
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] rubber band vfo

I cut my K2 "rubber band" from a section of bicycle inner tube.  If you can
find one a little smaller in diameter (probably a 1.125 to 1.25" tube), it
can be stretched to fit on the knob.  The trick is getting parallel cuts
through the tube.  It may have taken a few attempts, but the old tube
supplied lots of raw material.

73,

Phil, NS7P