Hi John,
I have a 100W K3 here and my shack is an un air conditioned 20Ft container in
tropical north Queensland, Australia.
Needless to say, it does tend to get a trifle 'warm' in the wet (summer) season
here, with outside temps in the mid to high 30's (Celcius).
Internal temps in the container can be as high as 60 degrees with all the
windows / doors cloased up. (The radio is not generally operating when temps
are that high)
I have only ever twice had my K3 shutdown due to over temp, in both cases the
shack temp was well over 40 degrees C.. (And closer to 50!)
The first time was the internal 2M module shutting down, the second was the
main VCO.
The K144XV shutdown was cured by updating the firmware to the then latest
version, (1.02 I think it was at the time) which increased the shutdown
temperature and the second was apparently cured by recalibrating the main VCO.
Neither issue has ever come back to haunt me and my K3 does get subjected to
some extremely high temperatures due to my living and being portable in the
tropics.
Never once has my K3 drifted in frequency to any noticable extent though I do
have the TCXO option. (In fact, my K3 #4257 is almost fully optioned, it is
only missing the second receiver and its associated filters.)
In both shutdown cases, my FP temp was over 60 degrees C as indicated by the
radios display.

73 de
Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
Innisfail, QLD, Australia
Elecraft K3 #4257 + KPA500 + PR6 + K144XV = Multiband greatness!