John I helped develop some the cleaning systems for delicate boards
including RF assemblies. I have done a great deal of conformal coatings.
Conformal coatings are not to be taken lightly. There are major tradeoffs.
First the cleaning.

Alcohol, on a Q-Tip,  may be used for spot cleaning. Dunk cleaning will
leave a flux residue in many shaft encoders, switches, connectors, and
sockets. Alcohol will also dissolve some of the lubricants used on some
types of switches. I wouldn't dunk clean even if I had a forbidden Freon
degreaser.

Conformal coatings are useful on assemblies like VCOs where mechanical
stability is needed. They are also useful for high voltage circuits or
circuits that are sensitive to leakage. It is a given that connectors and
other contact surfaces must be masked before sealing. Conformal coatings
will detune tank circuits where the air dielectric is replaced by conformal
coating. They also make component replacement and reworking of boards
hazardous and extremely difficult.  Melting the coating with a soldering
iron will cause a decomposition that emits hazardous gases and leaves an
acidic residue that is almost impossible to remove. Therefore rework must be
done by cutting through and removing of the coating before de-soldering.

In short I do not see a significant benefit to conformal coating of Elecraft
boards with the possible exception of VFOs, direct synthesis, and other
boards that might be sensitive to microphonics.

73
de Fred, AE6QL