I agree that GoodReader is generally better than iBooks for reading
pdf's on an iPad, but Giuseppe's discovery applies to GoodReader too.
Not all images in the P3 manual display on the iPad, and saving a new
version of the pdf from Preview makes everything show up, though the
difference is invisible on a Mac.

It's not every image that causes problems, though, as if they were
created in more than one program and assembled from several sources.
Which makes sense.  So, many of the manuals are probably completely
ok, and you will find problems only when your iPad version has a blank
area that should have an image or figure in it.

     Peter W0LLN