Howdy Gang:

We had a beautiful afternoon today here in Southeastern North Carolina...80F
with a nice breeze..... so it was the perfect time to take my K2 out to the
field and play radio.

My first shot with my wrist rocket went easily over a tree and my PAR 40/20/10m
EFHW antenna was up in minutes.

The bands were hopping....especially European stations calling "CQ FD"...I
guess this weekend is their Field Day???

Conditions on 15m were strange...my KAT2 tuner loaded the PAR up easily on 15m
and I worked Ed, WiGUE in N.H. at the same time I was hearing Europeans coming
in.

I heard many beacons on 10M but no CW stations...a few sideband stations but
that was it.

I can't wait for the KX3 to come out...with the RX in it supposedly being
better than the K2 but not as good as the K3 it sound like a sure winner for
portable ops.

                                        73, Joe W2KJ
                                        I QRP, therefore I am