First, congratulations on your new rig.  you're gonna erally like it.

Now onto the issue at hand.  Hooking up to a computer is really simple.

First, I have to admit I'm a PC user, not a MAC, but I hope if your MAC
has a typical sound card, with Line/mic in and speaker/phones ort, you
ahould have no trouble.

Second, you are using some kind of serial cable to connect with K3
utility?  This is also you CAT control.

Now, connect the radio line out to MAC in, and radio line in to MAC
out.

For PTT, the serial cable used for CAT control can be used by going to
the CONFIG: menu, PTT-KEY which is defalt set to  OFF-OFF.(page 58 in my
manual).  Set the PTT side to DTR or RTS and then tell your software
that youare using comX (whatever your CAT comport is) and that DTR or
RTS is used for PTT.

There is a LIN OUT item in the CONFIG: menu that adjusts the LIN OUT
level (pg 57) and in data mode, the Mic gain control varies LINE IN
level.  From here, a little testing with a dummy load for TX and some
tweaking on the rec end should get you going.

...bill  nr4c