Hi Don, and thanks for the very quick response.

I've just removed the KPA100 from the base and removed
the cover.

RFC1 appears to be a largish black choke (not torroid) with "101" printed on
it.

L15 and L16 are Red Torriods, therefore it would appear that
KPA100UPKT needs to be purchased and installed.

The solder lug is connected to the back panel of the KPA100,
which I presume would be connected to the shield by the spring
contacts on the shield.

As I understand it the previous owner had the kit built for them by
a third party.  He has assured me he purchased the relavent upgrades
but it would appear they were not installed. This appears to be the
same with respect to the BFO upgrades and others.

I have downloaded the manual for the KPA100 and will go over the
installation and alignment, in its current none upgraded guise, with a
fine tooth comb and ensure all test measurements are correct.

Again thanks for the very quick response.

Regards

Nidge (G0NIG)

IO93dv