There has been talk off and on from Wayne of completing the firmware
that would interpret the TCXO cal figures.  Given that, those who
really want this (for whatever reason - I won't comment on that)
could, with a separate precise frequency standard, actually develop
their own TCXO cal figures which pretty much nailed temp change for a
given K3.  This would be better than figures for a stand-alone TCXO
calibrated in a lab.

My add to that would be that an individual K3 could be brought into
line on a curve that would be a fourth of the K3's spec.  My take is
that without dissing someone for WHY they want it, it IS possible and
just another aspect of excellence that only lacks firmware to become
reality.

The TCXO cal interpret firmware would then become a tool which the
OWNERS could perfect, and in turn can move into future products,
including a utility that takes a precision calibration routine and
automatically maxes the frequency stability for a given unit.

It could also become a cottage industry for someone who got really
good at it to calibrate K3's for temperature stability.

Why not?

73, Guy.