On 7/2/2011 9:22 AM, Fred Jensen wrote:

> We're figuring that something up there was irradiating the radios
> strongly enough after the AF gain control to cause this, we have
> no idea what.  If so, it was irradiating us too, although neither
> of us glow in the dark, which we're taking as a good sign.  A
> real puzzle.

 How close and exposed was the rig to a medium or high power
 radar installation?  Sounds like that (audio rectification).

 That was a problem with the air defense radar at Almaden Air
 Force Station (Mt. Umunhum, south of San Francisco) being
 rectified in all the home stereo systems in what is now called
 "Silicon Valley" until that radar was replaced by PavePaws at
 Beale AFB.

--  73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
    Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402