I guess I did not describe it well. I am listening to the K3 audio. The K3 is
connected to the KPA500 via the Elecraft Auxbus cable. When I hit the
Oper/Stby button on the KPA500 to toggle on or off, I hear a tone. Usually
it is a clear bell like tone. Sometimes that tone gets very 'buzzy' sounding
although I cannot tell you when or how at this point. If the tone comes from
the K3, as I most likely does, I want to turn it off. Since it is initiated
by the button on the KPA500, I wondered if that was where I would make the
change. I have already set the SW Tone to Off on the K3 configuration, but
it does not effect the KPA500 Oper/Stby tone.

It might be better to try and find out what causes the 'buzzy' sound, but
for now I would be happy just to eliminate the beep's initiation.

..mike AI6II