Sante,

I would suggest that you do a trial run with the antenna at home - use
an antenna analyzer for this initial tuning.  Once you have found the
right L and C for resonance, remove the variable capacitor, measure it
and substitute a fixed capacitor, there should be no need for further
tuning of that circuit in the field.
Once in the field, some small additional tuning may be required, but the
internal tuner in the KX1 should take care of that.

Take note that a reduced radiator length version of this antenna is
shown on page 9 of the KXAT1 manual - with no external tuning unit.  The
W3EDP radiator wire is close to that 23 feet plus an added half
wavelength on 40 meters, so for 40/30 and 20, this same length wire
should behave about the same as the antenna lengths for which the KX1
tuner was optimized.

73,
Don W3FPR