From: Don Wilhelm [mailto:w3...@embarqmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 9:03 PM
To: Tommy Alderman
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Basic Info

  Tom,

I know nothing about that particular amplifier, but I offer a few "in
general" facts.

Pops in the K3 audio while keying an amp could be a sign of "hot
switching" in the amplifier.  Try increasing the keying delay in the K3
to see if that eliminates it.  If not, check the relay "pull-in time"
for the amp (plus any contact bounce time), and if it is not within the
K3 Key-to-RF onset time, you will not be able to use QSK with that
amplifier unless you can speed up its T/R relay.

73,
Don W3FPR