On 7/17/2011 8:54 AM, todd brady wrote:
> It's the " Turtle Beach /  Ear Force Z1 " ... Its a light weight gaming
> headset designed for PC's and it's only $29.95 ...

Many thanks for posting your find, Todd.  Thanks to the size of the
market, there are hundreds of low cost headsets made for use with
computers -- everything from gaming to Skype to listening to music. If
you are able to sell in quantity, it's much easier to get the cost down.
That's why we have the excellent Yamaha headset at such a low price, as
well as the one you found. Someone on the Ten Tec list found a Koss
headset that he liked a lot. Several months ago, I went shopping at
Fry's for low cost headsets to use with Skype. I found a half dozen or
so priced between $10 and $25, and I bought three that looked promising.
All three "worked," but none was really comfortable, and one set was
like having my head in a vise. Quite a few years ago, I bought a
Plantronics salesman's sample kit at the Milwaukee hamfest and made
connector adapters to hook them up to my computers and ham gear.  All of
them worked, but only one was comfortable enough to use for more than an
occasional phone call.

The beauty of the K3 is that, thanks to its flexibility, it can work
quite well with almost anything that we can plug into it!

73, Jim K9YC