Pete,

I have not seen a K103 board but when working on a board assembly, most of
my homebrewed ones are populated by SMDs, I always add "legs" to both sides
of the board.  These "legs" are made from metal spacers - the type which has
a threaded insert at one end and a "screw" at the other end.  If necessary
one leg can be clamped in a small vise to stop any skittering.  The legs are
attached to the board using those holes which are to be used for mounting
the board, and at least one leg will make good contact with the board's
groundplane(s).

This method prevents the board (or its components) from rubbing on the work
surface, and one does not have to touch the board if it has to be turned
over during assembly/ repair.

73,

Geoff
GM4ESD