------------------------------

Message: 38
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:39:02 -0700
From: "Ron D'Eau Claire" <r...@cobi.biz>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT - Magnifier lamp
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

I'm an Optivisor user too since the 1980's. It's comfortable enough to cause
a fellow a lot of embarrassment.
===snip
A nice feature of the Optivisor is that the magnifier hood flips up out of
the way when you don't need it so you don't have to constantly take it off
and put it on. It's so light it's easy to forget you are wearing it. And I
had. I was walking around with that darn thing sticking straight up above my
head. That's what they were smiling about.

Pretty hard on a single guy's ego, I must say.
===snip
sort of like pocket protectors and tape holding one's glasses together - eh?
Dilbert syndrome!
===

And now, at an age where I've become "invisible" to pretty young women, I'm
still messing with SMDs and other tiny parts and the Optivisor is still my
constant companion.

But, ah..., it was a very good year.
==Sinatra sang it so well

73,