Hi:

I am helping a friend, TF3SA, with his K3 (S/N 1113).  He operates mostly
CW, but has so far not been successful in getting any SSB signal out of the
rig.  We have used two microphones, the Kenwood MC-80 and an old handheld
"Dynamic 600 Ohm" microphone that came originally from Kenwood with my
TS-440S.  That dynamic mike works fine with my K2, but not with the K3.

Both microphones have the same effect - the PTT works as expected, but there
seem to be no response to the audio when blowing or whistling into the mike.
We only manage to get some output when the K3 compression level is set to
maximum and the K3 mike level is at least half way up -and then we only get
constant noise output which is independent of the audio entering the mike.

Are there any suggestions?  Are we just using the wrong mike types, and can
we make any adjustments or wiring to accommodate these specific mikes?  Or
can we run some other tests to verify if it is actually the mike rather than
something else?

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX