Jorge,

Do you have N1MM running when you start HRD?

If so, COM8 is already in use by N1MM and HRD cannot use it because N1MM
is using the port.
Close N1MM and try HRD alone.

If you want multiple applications to use the same port that is connected
to the K3, you will have to use a software application that provides
virtual ports.  LP-Bridge is a good example and supports the K3 very
well (in fact the K3 is the only radio it virtualizes).  It is available
from www.telepost.com.

73,
Don W3FPR