Good Evening,
    A fairly chilly week requiring a continuous fire to stay warm.  Luckily
the temperature has risen again so I get an extension to my two week long
summer season.  The forecast is for another week of sunny weather with
temperatures reaching as high as 81 degrees.  In Portland it is much
warmer.  Luckily I have not been to Portland in a few years.  But even
west of the West Hills it is warmer than here.  I try to keep my visits to
the lowlands short and during the morning hours.  That way I won't melt.

    Propagation was good the few times I got on twenty meters but that was
early in the week.  Hopefully all is well with both 20 and 40 meters.
Tomorrow we get to test that hypothesis.  Before dinner I was out behind
the house eating a few thimbleberries.  Emphasis on few :(  The cold
weather prevented many of the blossoms from being pollinated.  Now that it
is dry the few which did get pollinated are not growing well.  I have
watered them but they don't respond like domestic species do.  I'll try
more watering over the next week and hope for the best.

    If anyone is interested in acting as a relay station on either net
please email me.  I will turn the net over to you for a few minutes so you
can call areas in my skip zone.  It sure would prove helpful to those I
cannot reach directly.

Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

       Stay well,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

-