After adjusting a noise blanker on another radio, I decided to test K3's
blanker.  The captured screen from my Agilent oscilloscope shows the K3
blanker turned off (the captured waveform in the background) and with the
blanker turned on (the active waveform) the pulse was reduced.   The Agilent
DSOX3024 has a built in wave generator configured to generate a pulse.  The
generator parameters are shown below.   The oscilloscope's Ch 1 was
connected to the K3's line out and ch 2 was connected to the wave generator
using a BNC "T".  The other end of the BNC was connected to the RX in port
on the K3.

The pulse was adjusted for the worst case noise and the best setting for the
K3's noise blanker under these conditions were t2-3.

Don't quote me on this.  I'm sure that other settings will work better for
your conditions.

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/file/n6774838/blanker1.bmp

-----
Jack WA9FVP