I started building, I installed the KXV3 first, and had the K3 back
on the air before I started the P3.  In the P3 stuff, there was an "IF
Gain Mod," change one resistor on the K3 RF board.  I had already
re-installed the countable infinity of chassis screws into the K3, and
screwing around with an SMD the size of a grain of pepper didn't really
"light my fire," so I put it aside.  Now, with everything working just
fine, I'm wondering what that mod really does?  Do I need it?
<\quote>

http://cliftonlaboratories.com/elecraft_k3_and_panadapters.htm

7r,  Bill