All,

  Trying to get my K2/100/KAT-100 operation with N1MM.
  Bought the Elecraft  USB-Serial adapter. Installed the
driver from the FTDI web site.  Seems to be operational.

   Connected the cable to the computer (device found, etc).
 Connected the other end to the radio/antenna tuner cable,
powered up the radio,  and get the "INFO 080" error.

 Also, and the antenna tuner will not power up.    The
serial cable is a "Y" configuration running from the radio
to the tuner and then to the db-9 where the serial- usb
converter is located.  Turning off the radio and removing
the cable returns the radio to normal ops.

    I disconnected the antenna tuner portion of the cable
and still get the same error.  Reconnect everything with
out the serial-usb converter in the line and all works
normally.

    This is not a stock serial cable.  It is supposedly
 one made especially for this application i.e K2 "special
cable".

   I guess I will start by ohming out the cable.  I need to
find the correct schematic which is in one of the manuals I
assume.

   Any other ideas would be appreciated.

73

Gene K1NR