From: Phillip Shepard [mailto:ph...@riousa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:33 PM
To: j...@audiosystemsgroup.com; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 Microphone Suggestions?

I needed a very lightweight hand mic for my SOTA activations.  I have a
number of hand and desk mics, but they all weighed too much to add them to
my backpack.  So, I took a small mic from a late-70s vintage Kenwood 2m rig
I had on the shelf, put a new connector (from Radio Shack) on it and gave it
a go.  This 500 ohm dynamic mic works well with my K2 and it's small and
light (about 1/4 lb).  It even got good audio reports from the audio
oriented gang on 14.178MHz.  Something like this may be a cheap and capable
solution for you.

73,

Phil, NS7P