Good Evening All K1-4 Owners,

Construction of the K1 itself starts tomorrow evening after work!  When I got
my K1, I opted for
the 4-band radio as primary, and I purchased the two-band module extra.  For my
four-band I chose:
40-30-20-15.  I have 80 & 17 for the two band module.

It is starting to become decision time for me, and I am in a quandary.  Do I
choose 80 or 150 KHz
as my tuning range?  I know the manual says that if you are building a
four-band radio (Which I
am), you should choose the 80 KHz tuning range.  However, I am wondering how
much
coverage/bandwidth I am losing/missing out on if I do choose 80 KHz.  With the
10-turn
potentiometer, it means approximately 8 or 15 Khz per revolution of the knob.

I'd like to poll all K1 owners out there and see WHAT you chose and, more
importantly, WHY.  I'd
also like to know HOW you feel about the decision since you have had a chance
to use your rig.  If
Eric or Wayne is reading this post, I'd really like to hear your thoughts as
well.  The last thing
I want to do is go back in and change the bandwidth once it is built.  Those
thru-hole connections
are tough to desolder!

I thank you all in advance for your input.

73,

David A. Dietrich
KC9EHQ