I adjusted the K1 again ( transmit adj) the receiver sounds louder on 20. I
still cant seem to get 5 watts out. When Im around 14.010 its is 4 bars (
ant tuner says the swr is 1.1) and as I move up (14.040) it will sometimes
drop to 3 bars( tuner once again says 1.1) . On 40 I do get 5 bars. I am
running it through a MFJ SWR/Watt meter and the power looks like it is just
under 5 watts.. I am not using the plastic coil tuner. I use a small
screwdriver with tape. Not sure that could be a issue? I did retouch all the
solder joints that related to 20 meters on the filter board.

Last night I  received a 599 from a 500 mile QSO into Canada so maybe I
should not worry?

I have the 2 band module (40/20)

Is it typical for the power to have a drop off from 40 to 20?

Thanks
Don