Don:

Thanks for your comments (and since we haven't corresponded in a while....for
your ongoing amazing help to all Elecraft owners through the email reflector).

Actually, the issues I have had with the TX IF port have all been while
receiving (with another nearby rig transmitting on VHF...or other signal
source), so they do not have anything to do with the transmit power itself.
The K2 seems to interpret a bit of power showing on the VRFDET line when in
receive mode as a dangerous overload condition (as it would be if it appeared
on the much less sensitive detector at the 10W antenna jack....and switches the
rig (mostly) into transmit.

I suppose a high field strength leakage from a nearby transmitter could indeed
affect the transmit power as well....I haven't knowingly observed that.

I have been working on a 10 GHz transverter (modifying a commercial radio)
which will have a 21 MHz IF....which got me thinking about having a broadband
solution to the RFI problems, so I wouldn't have to use two different filters
to avoid the K2 being upset by nearby talkback link transmissions on 2m.  I
suppose a low pass filter is another option, but it is more difficult to get a
sharp cutoff between 28 and 50 MHz than with a bandpass filter.  An even better
solution would probably be to apply a bias to the detector circuitry in the
K60XV, while in receive mode, which prevents it from operating....but I haven't
looked into the feasibility of this.

73,
Steve VE3SMA